Commercial lawyer with responsibility for GE businesses in Vietnam & Cambodia. Support GE Corporate initiatives in Vietnam & Cambodia, advise GE businesses on contractual, commercial and compliance matters; work with external counsels on litigation and arbitration matters. Work with business teams to lead legal policy initiatives and to reduce litigation risks. Work on compliance matters, initiatives and programs in Vietnam & Cambodia.
Principal responsibilities include:
- Act as General Counsel supporting the CEO, Vietnam & Cambodia and to provide legal support to GE Corporate and businesses in Vietnam & Cambodia;
- Develop early warning systems on law, regulations and government policies in Vietnam & Cambodia;
- Develop appropriate strategies and manage outside counsel in significant GE litigation, arbitrations and dispute resolutions across businesses in Vietnam & Cambodia;
- Represent the Company in connection with governmental proceedings;
- Lead internal investigations; and
- Help support and lead GE’s worldwide compliance programs including facilitate compliance trainings.
- Minimum of 10 years, preferably no less than 8 years’ experience with a law firm of international standards or equivalent in-house experience
- Solid hands-on experience in corporate commercial legal work with a good understanding of government processes in Vietnam & Cambodia
- High ethics and integrity, mature and independent, clear in logic and good in judgment, able to work with self-motivation and independence
- Comfortable working with individuals with different languages and cultures
- Excellent verbal and written communication, training and presentation skills in English and Vietnamese. Khmer language skills will be an added advantage.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills with ability to interface with cross-functional and cross-region teams, able to work under pressure and willing to take challenges
- Problem resolution, sensitivity to issues and strong facilitation skills
- Pro-active, responsible and responsive
Apply at www.ge.careers.com, Job#1332818.